• This individual will be an assistant the Regional Volunteer Coordinator in operating the gift shop at Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center.
• This individual will be a substitute cashier for occasions when volunteers are not available, especially during weekends.
• Will be responsible for pricing merchandise, restocking inventory and keeping it at satisfactory levels.
• Will assist with the reordering of everyday inventory.
• Will create and build displays for sales and seasonal changes.
• Provide general service to the patients, their families, visitors and employees of the Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center while they are visiting the gift shop.
o Duties in the Gift Shop consist of, but are not limited to
• When opening the gift shop
• Pick up the key to the front door from the hospital operator located behind the information desk
• Count the money in the money bag to make sure the bag contains the amount listed on the sales sheet
• Place the money from the bag into the cash register drawer
• Turn the lights on, turn the open sign around and open for the day
• When closing the gift shop
• Count all the money contained in the register
• Fill out the sales report found in the money bag
• Drop the money bag in the safe
• Restock the coke machine before leaving
• Turn off all the lights
• Lock the front door of the gift shop and return the key to the operator in the office behind the information desk
• Shift duties consist of, but are not limited to
• Keeping the Coke machine filled and making sure that it has been refilled at the end of every shift is very important
• Assist with the pricing and restocking of merchandise
• Dusting of the shelves and merchandise on display in the gift shop
• Sweep and pick up trash when necessary
• Return all food trays to the cafeteria
• Deliver teddy bears to all newborns
• Deliver mail, birthday balloons, gifts, balloon bouquets and cards to patient’s rooms
• Serve as a liaison for the hospital and volunteer services in the community
• Greet visitors, patients, patient family members, and employees in a friendly manner at all times
• Will assist with the reordering of everyday inventory
• Will create and build displays for sales and seasonal changes
• The physical requirements are equal to that of light work.
o May be required to sit for extended periods of time
o May be required to stand for extended periods of time
o May be required to walk for 10 minutes or longer at a time