The Admissions Clerk is responsible for efficient and courteous registration, transfer, and discharge of
· Serves as general receptionist for the hospital, greeting patients and visitors in person or by phone
in a courteous manner.
· Provides general information concerning the hospital and/or patient's condition in accordance with
hospital guidelines and secures signatures on documents if required.
· Operates communication system placing and answering telephone calls, paging or contacting staff,
and keeping appropriate records and assists in locating patient's families.
· Determines patient's needs by admitting to hospital or referring to appropriate facility and escorts
patient to proper area or arranges for transportation.
· Maintains a roster of inpatients by names, bed number, and religious preference, reporting daily on
admissions and discharges; maintains elective admission schedule and contacts patients when
rooms are available.
· Prepares all necessary records relating to admission, payment, and discharge of patient.
· Pulls patient charts, maintains appointment schedules, handles money, retains custody of hospital
keys as required.
· May assist patients in and out of vehicles.
· Operates various office equipment.
· Performs cashier duties; e.g. receipts of payment and issuance of receipts.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Minimum Work Experience
Three (3) to six (6) months on-the-job training is required to attain proficiency of performance of assigned duties and responsibilities
Required Skills,Knowledge, and Abilities
Must operate routine office machines, including but not limited to postage meter, typewriter, display terminal and terminal printing, adding machine and copy machine, fax machine, medifax machine and communications system · Must have knowledge of medical terminology ICD-10 and CPT codes as pertains to billing
Software Powered by iCIMS