The purpose of this position is to provide access to advanced vascular placement devices for all acute care and ambulatory care patients within the Kentucky River region of Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH) in a competent manner. The successful candidate for this position will work with the Chief Medical Officers (CMO’s), Clinic Managers and Community Chief Nursing Officers of the facilities within their region scheduling, directing and facilitating the delivery of clinically appropriate placements of Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) and Midline insertion. The candidate will be responsibile for Hazard, Whitesburg and Mary Breckenridge.
• Minimum successful completion of an accredited Associate Degree nursing program. Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum experience of 2 years of active nursing practice with a preference for acute care settings in ICU, ED or OR. Previous experience of PICC/Midline placement preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Obtains within six months of hire and maintains a BLS by AHA certificate.
• Obtains within six months of hire and maintains an ACLS certificate.
• Demonstrated competency of cardiac rhythm recognition.
• Completion of courses for line placement and management with ultrasound guidance.
• Competency verification from a preceptor for Vascular Access.
Software Powered by iCIMS