The Medical Staff Coordinator is accountable for processing and maintaining the credentials files of medical staff and allied health professionals for appointment/reappointment and/or privileges within the community. They are also accountable for oversight of the Medical Staff chapter of the accrediting standards the hospital is surveyed under.
Responsible for processing and maintaining credentials files. Responsible for timely and accurate completion of routine and assigned credentialing tasks (see major activities listed
Specific activities include:
• Prescreening to ensure that the applicant meets the minimum criteria necessary to apply;
• Distributing and receiving the application;
• Obtaining all relevant documents with the applicant's assistance;
• Conducting primary source verification;
• Assemble all verified information and prepare credentials files for presentation to the Chief of Service and to the Credentials Committee;
• Maintain ongoing tickler system for reappointment of staff members and renewal of clinical privileges for allied health professionals and ensuring that reappointment files are processed timely;
• Continuously update the credentials file by maintaining ongoing tickler file for expiring credentials;
• Accept and process through the appropriate medical staff committees all requests for additions/deletions of privileges and/or changes in staff status;
• Monitoring access to the credentials files;
• Maintain all filing systems;
• Prepare/drafts correspondence to the applicants or other entities as needed;
• Coordinates and attends Credentials Committee Meetings as necessary; and
• Responsible for ensuring OPPE and FPPE documents are viewed and approved by appropriate Medical Staff
• Responsible for attending various medical staff committee meetings to include the Medical Executive Committee and Medical Staff as needed when credentialing issues are placed on the agenda for discussion
• Continuous review of current accrediting standards to ensure facility compliance with the Medical Staff chapter
• Maintain ongoing tickler system for credentialed providers who are participating in Focused Professional Practice Evaluation and Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation. Will work with appropriate staff members to ensure process is completed timely.
• Serve as a liaison for the medical staff making sure key communication is shared with the members.
• Coordinates educational functions on behalf of the medical staff
• Ensure correspondence is provided to the medical staff timely.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Associate Degree in Business-related field
Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in the credentialing field.
Experience/knowledge of Windows-based programs; Word, Excel.
Experience/knowledge of credentialing software preferred, but not required.
Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Must be very detail oriented.
Must possess good organizational, written and oral communications skills.
Ability to type a minimum of 60 wpm.