- A nurse or social worker, who is trained to provide individualized assistance for post-acute care needs OR a non-professional who has successful completion of a recognized patient navigation training program.
- Documentation of a requisite knowledge and skill from previous education and experience to provide patient navigation.
Experience: At least 3 years in Healthcare field
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- This position requires the ability to disseminate information
- Knowledge of home health coverage criteria
- Knowledge of post-acute equipment coverage criteria
- To follow through and carry out plans of action
- Good verbal skills
- Outstanding Customer Service to patients, families, community, and physicians
- Knowledge of hospital/clinic/imaging procedures
- Have basic computer knowledge and experience with word, excel, email etc.
- Provide education, support, and coordination to assist patients with home care referrals.
- Connect patients and families to resources and support services.
- Promote communication between the patient and health care providers.
- Enhance the patient’s quality of life, sense of autonomy, and self-determination for managing his/her own health.
- Reinforce physician-patient relationship.
- Maintain records for reporting purposes in accordance with the ARH Quality policy and procedure guides.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to establish action plans for patients; assure action plans are carried out.
- Any other duties as assigned in regards to patients with a post-acute home care need.