The Chief Nursing Officer provides recommendations, assistance and oversight in the development and implementation of effective nursing services, education and infection control programs. Recommends safe and cost-effective nursing staffing patterns and for assisting in the implementation and evaluation of the nursing process across the continuum to include:
1. Developing organization wide patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe
how patients’ nursing care needs or patient populations receiving nursing care are assessed,
evaluated, and met;
2. Developing and implementing the organization’s plans for providing nursing care to those
patients requiring nursing care;
3. Participating with governing body, Administrator medical staff, and clinical leaders in the
organization’s decision-making structures and processes; and
4. Implementing an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve the quality of
nursing care delivered to patients.
· Responsible for the education/training activities for nursing service employees, which includes
program development, learning needs assessment, coordinating corporate and local programs,
conducts education programs, and evaluates effectiveness of program.
· Responsible for implementation and evaluation of the nursing process, which includes identification of
patient needs across the continuum, development of patient care plan, implementation of plan of care,
evaluation of patient's response to plan of care, and appropriateness of care.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of nursing quality assessment activities across
· Responsible for the development and implementation of the nursing service infection control program
across the continuum.
· Responsible for the development of staffing patterns for the nursing service across the continuum.
· Responsible for coordinating preparations for the compliance with Accreditation Standards.
· Responsible for development, evaluation, implementation and to interpret and maintain continuum of care work standards, plans and procedures for the clinical practice of nursing that comply with policies, governmental regulations and various regulatory agency requirements. Serve as a role model for nursing staff by complying with established policies and procedures.
· Participate as a member of key management team and in strategic planning activities for the continuum of care. Interpret the role of nursing for the strategic plans for continuum of care.
· Manage the personnel function by interviewing, selecting, evaluating, disciplining and terminating personnel or recommending such action, as necessary. Assure that employees receive orientation and required in-service training, which they maintain, required licensure or certification and that pertinent nursing education programs are developed and presented to promote clinical competency and staff development.
· Responsible for determining staffing needs and patterns and recommend appropriate staffing levels and classifications consistent with position authorization.
· Participates in defined and established meetings of the organization’s leaders, with other clinical and managerial leaders and;
· The identified nurse executive possesses the requisite knowledge and skills associated with graduate-level education.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Accountable for recommendations and oversight in the development, implementation and coordination of nursing education programs, which produce, a positive change in nursing employees' behavior.
· Accountable for assisting in the implementation and coordination of the use of the nursing process to assure safe and appropriate nursing care is provided.
· Accountable for recommending nursing staffing patterns, which maintain nurse staffing at a level for safe and cost effective patient care.
· Accountable for advising and assisting with the preparation to meet accreditation standards.
· MSN in Nursing with a minimum of 5 years service in Nursing supervision and/or administration, with formalized training and/or experience in effective management techniques.
· Must maintain current licensure in the state of Kentucky. .
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
· Demonstrated leadership and ability to motivate and to work cooperatively with individuals and groups.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Software Powered by iCIMS