EHR Training Specialist’s responsibility is to maintain and deliver standardized training materials through various methods to assure optimization of the electronic health record. The EHR Training Specialist may participate in workflow development and testing of new and updated workflows. Works closely with the IT application teams to develop training content and have a thorough understanding of the workflows. Works closely with the Learning Management System administrator to provide oversight of the training rooms, schedule, and the equipment. Proactively monitors key workflows to improve documentation, quality of care and patient safety.
• Coordinates all aspects of EHR training for new and current employees, working with department
leaders and HR to ensure that all end users have logins and correct access for training.
• Trains providers on HER and associated technology programs.
• Ensures all prerequisite Seed education is completed before training begins.
• Updates, standardized and maintains all required training materials.
• Trains employees on peripheral devices and equipment required to do their job effectively.
• Ensures all updates are communicated to super users and end users & their Seed training is complete.
• Works with departments and individual team members to proactively improve efficiency & increase
functionality within the system.
• Works with the LMS administrator to schedule Seed training, uploads attendance & competency scores
into Seed. Ensures all competency exams are provided to the team member’s manager.
• Works closely with Network Coordinator to troubleshoot devices, peripherals and programs.
• Provides training and go live support for new facilities & services.
• Travels between facilities to coordinate education classes.
Associates Degree in related clinical area or equivalent training and/or electronic health record experience.
Minimum Work Experience
One (1) year of clinical or equivalent experience in a health care environment minimum.
Experience in healthcare information systems preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
MS Office experience/ability preferred.
Must be able to communicate with users of all disciplines and across various levels within the organization.
Must be able to handle multiple deadlines and project demands.
Software Powered by iCIMS