The Pharmacy Analyst is responsible for assisting the System Director of Pharmacy Informatics, any pharmacy project managers and Information Systems staff and management in the design and implementation of corporate-wide and local systems.
• Manages pharmacy information systems and procedures as requirements and processes change.
• Confers with pharmacy user management, department heads, and other management to analyze and document system needs.
• Assists in presentation to ARH management and users implications of new pharmacy applications.
• Develops audit trails and balancing controls for applications.
• Manages formularies, pricing files and other pharmacy-related databases.
• Serves as primary technical support for all pharmacy applications throughout ARH.
• Tests enhancements, updates and upgrades in pharmacy applications.
• Updates and loads First Data Bank Files for packaging and pricing monthly
• Conducts feasibility studies; and evaluate alternative procedures.
• Coordinates pharmacy software changes with pharmacy and information systems leadership to insure continuity of processing.
• Assists in the training and development of Application and/or System personnel.
• Defines user requirements and translate requirements and all procedures necessary to maintain computer related systems specifications.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge in pharmacy informatics to recommend new services, products and equipment.
• Continues professional development by attending education programs designed for specialty areas.
• Must be available to travel as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education (experience can be substituted for education)
Associate's Degree Required
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Work Experience (education can be substituted for experience)
4-6 years Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic awareness of problem solving and decision making skills.
Software Powered by iCIMS