The Director of Behavioral Health Pharmacy is responsible for providing and coordinating optimal medication therapy management for behavioral health patients throughout the ARH system. They will provide direct patient care for behavioral health patients through multidisciplinary rounding and collaboration with other healthcare professionals. They are responsible for the development, refinement, and supervision of programs and initiatives to improve appropriate medication therapy use, safety, and cost in the behavioral health setting.
• Bachelor of Science in pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
• Current state pharmacist licensure in good standing or licensure eligibility in state of employment within 90 days of hire.
• Prefer active or eligible for ARH-approved certification within practice specialty at the time of hire. (Active ARH-approved certification must be obtained within 2 years of date of hire.
Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in hospital pharmacy with significant behavioral health experience and/or residency training with significant behavioral health component.
• Prefer completion of behavioral health residency and/or relevant board certification.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Knowledge of medication-use safe practices; ISMP initiatives; National Patient Safety Goals; and process-improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma.
• Knowledge of pharmacy information systems and automated dispensing technology
• Be knowledgeable and competent with all aspects of hospital and retail pharmacy information systems, automation and operations.