The Surgical Technologist Extern is accountable for performing a variety of duties in the Operating Room and Central Sterile Supply to assist the surgical team, under the supervision, guidance, and direction of a certified surgical technologist, or central sterile supply technician.
Under the continuous direct on-site supervision of a Surgical Technologist or Central Sterile Supply Technician:
Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Enrollment in accredited Surgical Technologist Program
• Current Transcripts and Copy of Skills Evaluation on basic procedures
• Recommendation Letter from 2 Instructors
• Basic Life Support Certification
Minimum Work Experience
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Ability to function in and adapt appropriately to a fast-moving, cross-unit team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Prior experience handling confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
• To handle multiple, simultaneous tasks in a timely manner.
• Collaborative attitude with the many different departments.
• Must maintain positive, professional communications skills when working with co-workers
• Detail oriented