The Medical Device Security Engineer manages IT implications with medical devices. Assesses risks and strategizes solutions. Deploys hardware and software based strategies. Manages medical device IT related projects and incidents. The Medical Device Security Engineer will identify and resolve potential areas of compliance, vulnerability, and risk through corrective action plans. This role will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of technology that supports the Medical Device Security Risk Management program. The role reviews and evaluates industry technology, standards, and best practices to create plans to ensure medical devices are safe and secure. The Medical Device Security Engineer will perform various audits and assessments to ensure ARH maintains effective security compliance. This role will assist in promoting compliance, creating security awareness, and
understanding new and existing compliance issues and other related policies and procedures. The
Medical Device Security Engineer facilitates effective communication between Clinical Engineering and other Information Services teams to insure the environment is secure.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Essential: Associates Degree and three years related experience in medical equipment and/or IT support or US Military training in related field acceptable or Minimum of 4 years related IT experience.
• Preferred: Bachelors degree and five year’s experience minimum preferred. US Military training in related field acceptable.
Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum of three (3) years of technical or equivalent experience in a health care environment.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Must understand standard IT skills and be able to apply them effectively in reference to medical devices.
• Must understand medical device usage and function within the healthcare environment.
• Must understand rules and regulations around medical devices including but not limited to FDA 510k approval
• Must be able to communicate with users of all disciplines and across various levels within the organization.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to handle multiple deadlines and project demands.
• Maintains and manages the appropriate schematics and records to assist in the planning of future expansion, moves and changes and in isolation problem situations.
• Continue professional development by attending education programs designed for specialty areas.
• Willing and able to work as part of a collaborative team
• Ability to take the initiative and complete assignments, after the initial direction, to completion
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.