Regards to Radiology, oversees Cardiac Cath patients and assesses their condition to determine proper handling and special requirements.
- Oversees all aspect of Cardiac Cath lab regarding radiology services in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completes patient assessment process to assure best patient care and notifies MD/RN if intervention is needed, and any special equipment/supplies needed.
- Able to orient patient to environment lab, including equipment and procedure to be performed.
- Talks to patient, provides reassurance.
- Assists in emergency situations under direction of MD/RN.
- Participates in Cardiac Cath radiology marketing activities
- Assists Clinical Nurse Manager – Cardiac Cath, in developing a formal orientation and training program for all new employees
Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure.
- Maintains CPR certification and ACLS certification
- Maintains current state licensure, AART
- Attends training program as required by department
- Assures departmental compliance with all applicable Federal, State, JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
- Assists in development of departmental policies and procedures in accordance with established policies of the hospital
Relies on extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and effects of disease.
- Monitors EKG and BP throughout procedures
- Refers to exam guidelines for necessary views
- Uses practical knowledge of anatomy for proper positioning to obtain maximum diagnostic information, as evidenced by saved images
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the field of Cardiac Catherization radiology and recommends new services and equipment. Assists in developing business plans to support requests for new equipment purchases
Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of services being provided in the department through an ongoing program of quality control and performance improvement.
- Understands and is able to utilize cardiac catheterization equipment.
- Operates highly complex radiographic equipment within the cardiac catherization laboratory, selecting technical factors to insure high-quality radiographs using the A.L.A.R.A (as low as reasonably achievable) standards
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy and awareness of all radiation and patient safety issues involved with any invasive procedure
- Understands and is able to utilize radiographic techniques in radiology
Oversees radiographic equipment, and injector in proper working condition. Recognizes malfunctions and takes steps necessary to repair.
- Maintains up-to-date quality control program of all radiographic equipment.
- Coordinates and maintains equipment maintenance prevention program, as required.
Performs various supervisory duties including, but not limited to:
- Oversees library of all cineangiograms performed in cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Verification of information and exams performed, using computer system.
- Updates and changes exam description to reflect actual exams performed.
- Manages the process for correct charging of patient accounts.
- Oversees departmental inventory management in effective and cost effective manner.
- Provides professional consultative services to other ARH entities as requested.
Oversees stock inventory and initiates orders.
- Orders equipment as needed following ARH process.
- Charges properly all medical surgical items requiring charges as noted by charge slips.
Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Sets up required equipment according to standards. Knowledge of wires, catheters, stents, balloons,etc needed for different procedures in the cath lab and where to find these.
- Able to prepare patients by prepping area of interest using sterile technique.
- Scrubs in and assist the physician with all cath lab procedures using sterile technique. Under the direct supervision of the physician performing the procedure (physician must be in room) may administer medications allowed within their professional scope of practice and context of radiological services and procedures being performed.
- Sets radiographic technique, contrast injector, and digital computer properly to assure acquisition of high quality, diagnostic images as directed by the Physician.
- Cleans equipment and room before, after each procedure and as needed
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- All required safety education programs have been attended.
- Provides complete and accurate responses to safety questions.
- Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
- Maintains work area and equipment in condition required by department standards.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all function
Responsibly follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures, and correct use of protective equipment.
- Ensures a safe environment by instituting appropriate control measures.
- Attends annual education programs.
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful, and courteous manner as observed by.
- Fosters mature professional relationships with fellow employees in a courteous, friendly manner as measured by management observation and peer input.
- Maintains professional composure and confidence during stressful situations.
- Maintains open communication using appropriate chain of command regarding issues.
- Conducts all work activities with respect for rights and wishes of patients, visitors, families, and
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times as observed by peers
- Presents neat appearance in proper attire and identification as required by the position, department, and hospital policy.
- Continuously displays a positive attitude within the department and across departmental lines to contribute
. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Leads and participates in staff meetings as determined by manager.
- Supports the hospital’s mission, policies, and procedures through attendance and participation at committee meetings, if applicable.
- Utilizes automated system to communicate inter- and intra-departmentally, as appropriate.
- Completes work assignments on time/readily accepts assignments as observed by manager.
- Reports to work on time and is at work as scheduled, as observed by manager.